Re: Joining & Removing From List (bounced2)

From: kevan_jones@cemcom.com
Date: Fri Jan 23 1998 - 22:49:32 EET

And as the list admin (Hannu) has noted, any messages containing references
to list administrative functions are bounced for safety's sake. This would
occur with any message that included headers, or sigs containing the type
of information being requested in this discussion thread. I vote for
leaving well enough alone, and letting list members be responsible for the
destination of their messages. There are a small percentege of list members
who participate on a regular basis, and many 'lurkers'. If someone "really"
wants to post to the list, they will figure out how to do it. The reason
these lists were designed as they are, allowing users to issue commands via
email to retrieve help messages, is to reduce the list administration
chores to a minimum. I am sure Hannu has configured the list in the way
that makes the most sense to him (this is not his only job!!).

Hey, it works for me!!!!