Re: Plating

From: Kai Uwe Koch (kuk@IPA.FhG.de)
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 09:29:46 EET

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, RJ Robinson wrote:

> I am looking for some information on plating of SLA parts.Thanks in advance
>

> RJR

Hey,

we at IPA have some experience in coating RP-parts (SLA and LOM). We coat
the parts with copper, nickel, chromium. Because I am not the expert for
this area, please contact a college of mine for detailed information:

Fraunhofer Institute
Manufacturing Engineering and Automation
Patrick Markschlaeger
Nobelstrasse 12
D-70569 Stuttgart
Germany
phone: +49(0)711-970-1209
fax: +49(0)711-970-1004
email: pkm@ipa.fhg.de

A article deals with "Thin metal and metal oxide films deposited by the
anodic vacuum arc technique", but not especially with plating of RP-parts.
You can find the article in:

Surface and Coatings Technology 86-87(1996) p. 279-284

Regards

Kai
Kai Uwe Koch E-Mail: kuk@ipa.fhg.de
                                        Internet: http://www.ipa.fhg.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut
Produktionstechnik und Automatisierung
Nobelstrasse 12
D-70569 Stuttgart Phone: +49 711 970 1856
Germany Fax: +49 711 970 1004