Re: Automatic Tool Path Generation

From: Mark Bannistser (mark@appal.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 17:15:45 EET

AlphaCam can read in STL files. You can't use them directly, you must
create "slices" or something to that effect. Again as has been mentioned
many times here before, STL files have terrible resolution! Use the
original geometry data if at all possible. I must tell you as an injection
molder and mold builder STL files are the bain of my existence.
Mark Bannister