Co-existence between FDM and the SLS

From: Innomation Systems & Technologies Pte Ltd (istpl@singnet.com.sg)
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 14:16:07 EET

hi RP-professionals,

we will like to find out if there are any companies or institutions out
there that has both the FDM and the SLS systems working synergistically???

no doubt, SLS has a very high accuracy due to laser solidification...but it
is still a very costly process.

FDM (although rank one of the fastest system) is incomparable with laser
accuracy.however, it is also one of the cheapest to run.

hence, if there can be a synergistically combination of the two systems
running in tandem which two systems can share in their forte, WOULD the
prototypes be developed in faster and more accurate manner???

something like a complete set of prototypes which has a combination of both
FDM and SLS parts.

if there are kind folks that already work in this we will like to share
your experiences if allowable.

Thank You and Sincerely,
joseph sim