Re: FDM borders

From: Robert Hoffman (r.hoffman@acrtucson.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 20:53:10 EET

Sometimes you can adjust the order of the build so the raster or contours
(the center portion of the part) builds first in order to create some
support for the outside overhang. There is an option for contouring from
the inside out (in-out) that you should investigate. Also you may need to
add some additional support.

Robert Hoffman
Advanced Ceramics Research

_________________________________
>Subject: FDM borders
>Author: Drew Brown <conreality@greatid.com> at CCGATE
>Date: 2/4/98 3:42 PM
>

>Has anyone had any difficulties with FDM borders not completely fusing to
the
>previous layer on sloped,
>unsupported walls? This problem causes the part walls to look rippled. If
anyone
>has any suggestions to
>correct this problem it would be greatly appreciated. We are running an
FDM1650