Re:Autodesk / IGES problems

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 14:33:39 EET

Kevin Robertson wrote:
>The fact that your IGES out is not much better than STL is of concern. If
>your IGES out is good you can use a second tier software like Brockware to
>convert the IGES to STL. Brokware is a better conversion software than the
>one in AutoCad, IMHO.

1.
Note that the standard Autocad IGES export function is completely worthless.
You have to buy a separate add on called the Autodesk IGES translator.
This one should do better.

2.
Brockware is reported to make correct IGES to STL conversions, however
is is quite expensive (I remember ca USD 3,000.00)
On the Web I saw a package called Cadmover from Kandusoft
(www.kandusoftware.com), offering many more translation for USD 500
Anyone having experiences with this software for IGES to STL ?

Regards

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling
mailto:info@spline.nl
website:http://www.spline.nl