Blade Crashes

From: Andrzejewski, Jan (jan_andrzejewski@peragroup.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 11:56:00 EET

Jbondy & Mauro Orio did not mentioned what Blade Gap and the Hatch Overcure
you have set or if default supports values are used.

I have noticed that different 3D Systems engineers have slight differences
in Blade Gap settings
which could require different Hatch Overcure from default.

One that you must watch is the practice of unbolting the Zephyr recoater
from the worm drive carrier to quickly move the recoater along from one end
of the vat to the other just resting on the slides then after adjustments
have been made bolting it back onto the carrier.

After this was spotted and the practice stopped a month long problem of
blade crashes suddenly stopped.

If just default supports are used there will be crashes each part must be
edited and all regions checked. an extra half hour viewing and modifying the
supports is well worth the loss of 5 hours or more of build time.

Do other SLA users find Vista a better viewing package then View. I
sometimes support a file and then edit it just so that I can View the part
with supports switched off.

Jan Andrzejewski
RP Operations Manager
Pera