RE: Large prototypes

From: Spielman, Roger L (Roger.Spielman@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 20:48:21 EET

> Bram:

        You may want to investigate the auto manufacturers. Those folks
use large 5 axis cnc mills to shape the side of a car body. We in the
Aerospace community have a great interest in a larger RP system,
although none of the "standard" companies (ie 3D, DTM, etc) are actively
pursuing this avenue. No doubt this will be an expensive development,
but it seems like the market may demand larger capabilities in future
use.

        Please let us (the list) know what you find!

        Roger Spielman
        Rocketdyne Propulsion & Power Systems
        The Boeing Co.