Re: Pulley prototypes? Stamping Q's

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 11:33:58 EET

Dan Davis asked:

>I need to make about 30 pulleys for functional tests. These have to be
>production intent, so machining is out.
>Has anyone out there used a LOM pattern as a tool for hydroforming?

Dan,

What about CNC machining a tool for hydrofoming or pressing?
Seems the most easy solution by far.
Some tooling boards (Cibatool/Renshape) have a version especially
meant for sheet metal forming moulds (one for hammer forms as well).

Regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling
mailto:info@spline.nl
website:http://www.spline.nl