Re: Large prototypes

From: Mauro Orio (mauror@p90.msoft.it)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 18:13:27 EET

At 17.46 12/02/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi there rp-ers
>
>Since some months now I have read al kinds of discussions on this list.
>Very interesting!
>It seems to me however that most of the discussions were about systems
>that are designed to create relatively small but very complex shapes.
>
>I wonder how many of you are dealing with really LARGE prototypes, say
>1 x 1 x 2 meters. (snip)

Hi,
one year and half ago here at Promau we made a prototype 1.40 X 0.5 X 0.4
meters.This is one of the biggest parts we produced till now.It was composed
by four different parts.It was an helicopter and was made using EOS laser
sinterized parts and SLA and CUBITAL ones.You can moun and unmount it if you
wish to change the turbine profile or tail or cockpit part.
Now we made different long but neither large nor high part.An example is
1.50 meters but only 5 X 4 centimeters.

Regards

Mauro Orio
Promau Engineering s.r.l.
Via per Novara, 155
28062 CAMERI (NO) ITALY
Ph.+39 321 510390 direct +39 30 3776070
Fax +39 321 6616068 cell. +39 348 2258617
Direct E-mail mauror@msoft.it