DTM Sinterstation Scale Factors

From: Katz, Paul (pkatz@CA1.plynex.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 23:31:01 EET

Y'all-

Ok although I'm not new to the wonderful world of Selective Laser
Sintering, I do have a sort of novice question. Recently I have been
assigned the task of confirming/maintaining scale factors on our DTM
sinterstations and I am suddenly realizing what a black art this is. Am
I missing something? The Nyscale file and spread sheet that my company
currently uses for this task would be great if materials actually grew
or shrunk at a consistent rate, but we all know that this is not the
case. Growth/shrink rates are all geometry dependent (both size and
mass) and it hasn't been uncommon to see radical rate differences for a
part that is 2" wide as opposed to a part that is 5" wide. Anybody have
something better out there that they are willing to share? Thanks in
advance and I promise a gut buster of a joke to all who respond.
(alright it won't bust your gut but it will make you chuckle)

- Paul

Paul Katz
Plynetics Express

Email: pkatz@plynex.com
Direct: (510) 613-0563 ELeash: (510) 202-0333 Fax: (510) 632-6682
Data: (510) 632-6683 Web: www.plynetics.com FTP: ftp.plynetics.com

at Plynetics Express ... we prototype like there's no tomorrow