Medical stl files -Reply

From: Rudi Schenke (rschenke@csir.co.za)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 12:15:10 EET

Dear Mr. Davis

I have a beautiful example of a deteriorated pelvis that will undergo a hip
transplant soon. We have grown it by using one of our FDM 1600 RP
systems. This prototype was used to plan the operation. More detail
can be supplied at a later stage. I need to obtain the necessary
permission to supply you with the data, 34.6 Mb STL file. It would be
better to send it to loaded on a CD, but with the tight time scales, I doubt if
we will make it in seven days, maybe with DHL it will be possible.

The other option would be to compress the file and FTP it to one of your
servers. Do have this facility available?

I also have a knee transplant case study, but the patient will only be
scanned next week.

Regards
Rudi Schekner (Reg.Eng.Tech.)

>>> "Mnr. D de Beer" <DDEBEER@ENG.TOFS.AC.ZA> 20/February/1998
11:19am >>>
Hello all,

I'm searching for any good medical STL files. I'm most interested in a
deformed skull and a hip (or knee) implant. These are for the visit of
the Prime Minister to my facility on 27 Feb. He is formally trained as
a medical doctor and I know that this would be of interest to him.
Thank you in advance.

> Regards,
> Dan Davis
> Division Head, RP&M
> Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Berhad (PROTON)
> Hicom Industrial Estate
> Batu 3 PO Box 7100
> Shah Alam, Selangor D. E.
> 40918 MALAYSIA