RE: Hollow SLAs

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 04:57:27 EET

I highly recommend drain holes in the CAD solid, qty 2 at 1/4 inch
diameter will probably do it depending on size and shape of your part
and of course your z-wait. If you can put them at different z heights
you won't need a vent hole. As for supports inside orientation might
allow you to eliminate some or all. If you can design the lid with a
conical or pyramid type shape coming to a point at max z this type of
shape is self supporting and doesn't require supports except around the
perimeter which hopefully is supported by the base of the part. Happy
hollows,
Michael W Miller (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
The Boeing Company MS 17-PE B-XT62
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365