Re: PU grades

From: Michael Tsenter (nest@primenet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 07 1998 - 21:26:08 EET

Shreyas J Bakshi wrote:

> Can anyone tell me of any grade of PU which can be cast in Silicone
> Rubber Molds and has properties equivalent to bakelite.
>
> Also of any suppliers for resin that give transparent prototypes ?

Our PC2000VS / G2000VS polyurethane material is used for production of
water clear components. It has Shore D hardness of 78-82, de-molding
time of 30-40 minutes, and glass transition of 160 degrees F. This
product is available in 400 ml cartridges, already pre-measured,
de-aired, and vacuum sealed in a plastic pouch. This product has to be
used with a pneumatic dispensing gun, and heat cured at 140 degrees F.

You may visit our web site to look at detailed mechanical properties of
this and other polyurethane materials.

Best regards,
Michael Tsenter

--