Re: Universities etc

From: Elaine T. Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 18:41:01 EET

>I am only concerned with the Universities that are operating as Service
>Bureaus.

Guess someone wanted me throwing the flames instead of them......

I too see little returned to the technology if research is not the primary
reason to have RP in educational institutions. But again complaints come
when the same research is completed over and over again. One day we will
have true 3d printing and then all the complaints will be focused on the
next "hot" topic. Anyone venture to guess what that will be?

So I am attaching a list of NSF grants for RP since 1989. I believe you
will find it useful. Forgive if you system chokes on attachments. It is an
Excel spreadsheet......

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html