Re: Re: Universities etc etc

From: Steve Collins (collinss@email.uah.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 23:24:30 EET

Another small minded opinion from a prejudiced source:
    Having been employed as a technician by a university of moderate size
for more than 5 years, I can assure you that we are anything but awash in
sources of income. I would be unbelievably grateful to anyone who can
identify a source of funding for the purchase and operation of RP equipment.
In lieu of any better recommendation, I would suggest that commercial
operations find a way of cooperating with the universities in thier area. I
know that there are some pretty smart people here and students may be a
source of interested low wage labor. While this may not protect those
already facing competition, it could at least mitigate any further
encroachment.