benchmark stl parts

From: Peter J. Hardro (hardro@ici.net)
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 02:14:24 EET

RPML,
        I am a research assistant at URI and we are currently looking for benchmark parts to build in our Sinterstation 2000 SLS machine. I have seen a number of different benchmark parts in journals, articles and the like, but haven't been able to get a hold of any STL files of the parts. If someone would be kind enough to provide me with some files it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any papers on the advantages/disadvantages of the various benchmark parts out there, I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thank you in advance,
Pete

Peter J. Hardro
Research Assistant
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5196
fax: (401)874-5540