TCT Conference abstracts

From: Professor P M Dickens (pdickens@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 18:45:55 EET

From:
Professor Phill Dickens
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
De Montfort University
Leicester

Dear Colleague,
Tomorrow is the deadline for abstracts, so I am just sending out this
reminder!

        I have been asked to chair a Technical parallel session at this
year's
TCT conference. The TCT conference has run for the last two years and
has quickly established itself as the main European Conference on Time
Compression Technologies. It has concentrated on application papers in
the past, but this year there will be a full programme of research
papers. Last year there was about 350 delegates, mostly from industry.
This year is likely to see an even bigger audience and especially so
because of the technical sessions. This is an ideal event for academics
and industrialists to meet and exchange ideas. It is most likely that
the TCT conference will become even bigger than the SME conference in
the USA.
I would like to encourage you to submit an abstract for a technical
paper for this conference and I enclose an invitation for this.

Yours truly

Phill Dickens

Invitation to speak at Time-Compression Technologies'98
(The Largest European Conference for Forward Thinking Design Engineering
Teams)

The Time-Compression Technologies Conference and Exhibition 1998 will
take place from 13th - 14th October 1998. The venue for this year's
event is the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham, UK.

Although we are issuing a general Call for Papers in the forthcoming
issues of Rapid News, I am writing to you personally, as we would be
particularly interested in your participation.

TCT'98 will build on the success of the last two TCT events which gave
over 700 delegates the opportunity to benefit from a programme of superb
speakers from all over the world and from companies as diverse as
General Motors, Motorola, Boeing, Gillette, Ford, British Aerospace, and
Rover Group. All these companies are committed to technological
innovation in competitive and time-sensitive engineering solutions.

Papers are invited on the following subjects:
· Conceptual Design/Design in Practice
· Manufacturing Excellence by Design
· EDM/PDM
· CAD/CAM/CAE
· Time-Compression Technology Software
· New Product Development
· Rapid Prototyping/Tooling
· Simulation
· Research into New Technologies
· Reverse Engineering
· Rapid Manufacturing

Papers are encouraged for the technical session, which discuss the
research into the above subjects. Please note that no promotional papers
will be accepted for the conference.

The presentation of your work will reach an international audience of
academics, industry professionals, world class design teams and
engineers. Your presence at the meeting as a speaker will give you every
opportunity to meet with key personnel in your field. As an invited
speaker you will of course have your registration fees waived.

If you would like to submit an abstract of between 150 and 200 words,
the deadline is 13th March 1998. The draft paper deadline is 18th May
1998. If the referee committee accepts your paper, you will be supplied
with full author guidelines.

It would be very helpful if you could let the TCT Conference Manager
know as soon as possible whether you intend to accept this invitation.
If you would like to recommend someone else within your organisation
then please do so. Please respond to:

Helen Cattell
Conference Manager
Time-Compression Technologies
3rd Floor, 248/250 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London SW11 1LJ
Tel: +44 (0) 171 924 5655
Fax: +44 (0) 171 924 5677