Re: [Fwd] News Release

From: Gill Barequet (barequet@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 14 1998 - 18:12:58 EET

Dear list,

I appreciate the debate whether God has a sense of humor or not, but in
my humble opinion
a. None of us has a real proof whether she exists or not; and
b. None of us has an evidence on whether she is offended or not by jokes
   made by mortals.

Regardless of the truth or false of (a) and (b) above, I think that people
sensitivity (justified or not) to jokes on such topics is tremendous.
This sensitivity may, if you like, be the subject of more jokes (and the
subject of a new debate). But (now seriously) I think that one can consider
the feelings of others even if one does not *have to*.

Gill.

Gill Barequet, Ph.D. Phone: (410) 516-5298
Center for Geometric Computing Fax: (410) 516-6134
Dept. of Computer Science E-mail: barequet@cs.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins University WWW: http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~barequet
3400 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218-2694