Loctite 3107 can be used to fix broken SLA parts

From: MICHELLE P WYATT 328-8537 (MICHELLE.P.WYATT@usa.dupont.com)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 21:22:50 EET

Hello,
I have recently read some of the requests for an adhesive that will fix broken
SLA parts, and I would like to recommend Loctite 3107. Loctite 3107 can be
applied to the SLA part, then placed in the PCA for ~15 min, and the part should
be fixed. Since we are not a service bureau, we do not have tons of experience
using it, but it works well (as far as we can tell) with Quickcast and solid
parts.

Loctite can be found at general stores such as Wal-mart, Sears, Target, Home
Depot, etc. Further information about this and other products can be found at
their web site:

        www.loctite.com

It was there that I found the following information about Loctite 3107:

"New Loctite 3107 is a single-component, UV or visible light curable adhesive
which cures rapidly to form flexible, transparent bonds on difficult-to-bond
substrates. Designed for use on highly plasticized PVC, polyester,
thermoplastics such as polycarbonate and ABS, and other materials, Loctite 3107
is highly flexible when cured, allowing the adhesive joint to bear significant
loads and resist shocks. Loctite 3107 cures completely in seconds and responds
well to varying intensity light sources (low, medium or high). The UV or visible
light cure adhesive offers excellent environmental resistance."

Their web site also has foreign distributors listed as well. A small tube (i.e.
6 mL or .2 fl. oz.) will cost less than $10.

Hope this information helps!

Sincerely,
Michelle P. Wyatt
Technical Marketing Engineer