Re: Some easy questions

From: Phil Orenstein (aporenstein@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 09:20:00 EET

Dear Irene, Pedro & all,

Some difficult answers. At the December SME conference on RP&T,
objective results on RP system's accuracy gathered from the experience
of various users and service bureaus repoted that SLA is the best,
holding down a demensional acurracy that could be off by as much as +/-
.002 inch/inch. The other systems fall in behind with LOM being the
worst. We have an FDM 1650 which seems to fall within an overall
tolerance of +/- .010 to .015". With the laser systems, the larger the
part the greater the inaccuracy which is due to the distortion from the
angular deflection of the lazar beam. Thus, even on an SLA, a 10" part
could be off by as much as +/- .020"! To me this is unacceptable for
applications other than concept modeling such as tooling and
engineerinig verification. Any comments on these reports?

Regards,
Phil Orenstein
P.O.P.Display Inc.