CATIA to STL

From: Michael Buchloh (Michael.Buchloh@bmw.de)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 08:52:50 EET

Hello RP'ers,

it's not always necessary to create a skin or a volume within CATIA. It
makes it easier to generate the STL-file, that's true, but in version
4.1.8 there is an automatic closing algorithm, which can solve most of
the minor problems. Of course, if there is a real gap in the CAD design,
this tool also doesn't help.

We also found out, that most of the STL-files created are really small,
when you use a sag of 0.03 mm, which is normally good enough for the
RP-systems.

Yours
Michael Buchloh
+ Bayerische Motoren Werke AG +