FWD: RE: Q1 LOM, Q2 SLA resin cleaning

From: MICHELLE P WYATT 328-8537 (MICHELLE.P.WYATT@usa.dupont.com)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 22:54:38 EET

One more try. I responded by hitting the reply key and I think it sent it to
the owner of the rpml instead...I apologize if you receive this twice.

Message-headers:
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:16:57 EST
From: MICHELLE P WYATT 328-8537 <WYATTMP@ESVAX-A1.EMAIL.DUPONT.COM>
Subject: RE: Q1 LOM, Q2 SLA resin cleaning
To: owner-rp-ml <owner-rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi>
A1-type: MAIL

Hi Jan,

We have not done any specific cleaning studies with SL5190, but we have done
extensive work with the DuPont Somos(R) stereolithography resins. The results
of these studies will be published in Prototyping Technology International's
1998 Annual Review, where we report cleaning times and effectiveness for five
solvents. We highly recommend propylene carbonate as an alternative for TPM.
You could then rinse the propylene carbonate off with water if you wish to avoid
isopropyl alcohol. Based on a break out session at the 3DSNASUG conference, I
believe 3D Systems might be interested in examining propylene carbonate as an
alternative. Personally, I do not believe there should be a problem using
propylene carbonate with other resins, but since we have not done the study, I
would not want to make a definitive statement.

If you have further questions about this information, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Michelle P. Wyatt
Technical Marketing Engineer
DuPont Somos(R)