Re: RP of Thin Sheet Metal Parts

From: Jim Paravantes (Jim@Trident-Systems.com)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 18:28:02 EET

Jess,

The prototyping of thin metal parts is best achieved using a laser cutter to
cut the blanks. The forming of the blanks, depending on the geometry and
the amount required can be accomplished with a small press brake. NC
punching can achieve the same result, but some special punches would be
required. I have done parts like the ones you described, and we used the
laser cutter and press brake method.

Regards,

Jim Paravantes

Trident Systems Group, Inc. 45737 Henley Dr. Canton, MI. 48187
Voice: 313-844-9033
Fax: 313-844-2652
http://trident-systems.com
E-Mail jim@Trident-Systems.com