Rapid Molds - RE: from Delrin

From: PnR Molds (PnRMolds@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 19:25:19 EET

<< Subj: Delrin Molds
 Date: 98-03-24 17:17:06 EST
 From: kelly@satellitemodels.com (Kelly Hand)
 Sender: owner-rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
 To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi

 Dear list,

 I am interested in learning roughly how many cast epoxy parts one can
 expect to get out of a machined delrin mold. The epoxy is very low
 viscosity (like water, I'm told) and the part geometry is going to be
 fairly forgiving (generous draft and no small features, or so I'm told) and
 small, roughly half the size of a small beeper. The molds will probably be
 heated to accelerate curing.
 Any insights would be appreciated.

 Kelly Hand
 Satellite Models