Re: New Maestro Software

From: Scott \ (ssutter@pdmfg.com)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 22:36:28 EEST

At the 3DNASUG 3D Systems announced they are working on a program to
replace Maestro. From what I understand this will be an entirely new
program that runs on NT. I am guessing they will give it a new name
too. 3D said it is due to be released by early 1999. Cost has not been
mentioned.
Personally I will enjoy dumping my SGI. Don't get me wrong I like using
my indigo but I hate maintaining it.

ralott@CCGATE.HAC.COM wrote:

> *****3D Systems decision for all new modifications in the Maestro software
> to be only supported on NT workstations shall surely help those that
> currently have and wish to maintain only SG workstations will continue
> seeking third party development options.*****
>
> I did not know that Maestro ran on NT, much less that 3D has announced to
> support no other platform -- can anyone verify this?
>
> Rick Lott
> Hughes Space and Communications
> Los Angeles Calif.

#######             Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
#####\_O            Premier Design & Mfg. Co.
####/\/>            5988 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
#### /"             St. Charles MO 63304
###  \              Phone: (314) 936-1288
##                  Fax: (314) 936-2528
#                   ssutter@pdmfg.com