SLA 250 Vat Growth

From: markschanze (mark-s@inav.net)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 05:47:37 EEST

Has anyone with a SLA 250/50 or any SLA experienced a film of cured resin
on the surface of the vat on the right side, near the laser rest side of
the vat? We have and it causes problems when it breaks free from the vat
wall and floats onto a part and is cured by the laser. The zephyr blade
will crash when it sweeps against the uneven cured top layer. The blade
sweep is what pulls the growth free from the wall. Our first laser was 42
mW powerful and we assumed was the culprit to this problem, but our new
laser is dialed-in at 24 mW and does the same thing. With the new laser
the growth is not attached as well onto the vat and the blade will pull off
a growth a couple of times on long builds. On this note of floating
problems, does anyone know about ionization or antistatic techniques to
pull, or push, possible floating debris out of the way of the blade or
parts?
Thanks in advance.

Mark Schanze
Molding Technologies Manager