RE: SGC....maybe listed price...residue value

From: Yakov Horenstein (yakov@planet.it)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 20:38:29 EEST

>I wrote:

>>At $27,500 the Cubital on auction was a bargain.

>Kevin Robertson replied:

>Really??........Warren Hill at Commonwealth Trading Company, Inc.
>(404-469-7292) can probably put together four or five more deals as good as
>this.

I'll believe it when I see it. If my information is correct, the Cubital
machine that was auctioned off was newly installed just last year (1997),
had constructed comparatively few layers, and was ported to the SG
workstation, not the old Digital, with Cubital's excellent software on
board. The buyer probably got a quantity of resin thrown in also, maybe the
washing machine too. Not a bad deal for around half the price of a Genisys
or Actua machine, and LESS THAN A TENTH of the purchase price of a new
Cubital. A busy service bureau could recoup the investment in 3 months. I'm
surprised Kevin Robertson doesn't see it this way [or maybe ARRK don't have
enough work to fill it ;-) Sorry Kevin, couldn't resist]. If Warren Hill
can put together another deal like that, I invite him to contact me first.

Of course, whether or not it's a bargain is all relative. It depends on who
took it and how it'll be used.

Anyone know who acquired the equipment that was auctioned?

Yakov Horenstein
Milano, Italy