Diamond coated milling tools

From: Larry Dosser (dosserlr@mlpc.com)
Date: Mon Apr 20 1998 - 20:45:14 EEST

My company, Mound Laser and Photonics Center, is using pulsed laser
deposition (PLD) to grow thin film coatings on various substrates. For
example, we have grown a Nickel-200 film on SL parts and have also
deposited Nickel-200 on other types of substrates from ceramic to paper.
The film thickness is typically 0.5 to 1.0 micron. Diamond like carbon
(DLC) coatings can be grown by this technique and other hard materials such
as SiC can also be deposited. If you can provide me with additional
information on the size of the tool and its application, we may able to
provide an appropriate coating.

Larry R. Dosser
(937) 865-4481 voice
(937) 865-3680 fax