Re: Nitrogen Generators?

From: Gunnar Palm (gp@cadcam.kth.se)
Date: Tue Apr 21 1998 - 12:15:36 EEST

At IVF-KTH in Stockholm we run our Sinterstation 2000 with a nitrogen
generator from Dominick Hunter, without any problems. We had the generator
installed 1995, before that we run the Sinterstation with bottled nitrogen.

The generator separates the nitrogen from compressed air using a carbon
molecular sieve - Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA).

Our generator is dimensioned so that it can produce 3,2 normal cubic meters
per hour at a purity of 99,9%. This flow is about twice as much as the
Sinterstation needs when it is up and running producing parts. Although
during purge (evacuating the chamber) a flow of about 8,0 normal cubic
meters per hour is needed for about 20 minutes - for that we help the
generator with bottled nitrogen, which also serves as a backup.

The nitrogen generator cost us about $5.000/year and that includes
everything (we lease the equipment from Dominick Hunters representative in
Sweden).

For more product specific information contact:
Dominick Hunter limited
Durham Road Birtley
Co. Durham, England DH3 2SF.
Tel: UK (0) 91 410 5121
Fax: UK (0) 91 410 5313

Gunnar Palm
IVF-KTH

At 15:03 1998-04-21 +0930, you wrote:
>Gentlemen,
>
>Do any of you currently use a Nitrogen generator to supply a SLS machine/s
>instead of traditional bulk handling cylinders?
>
>If so:
>
>What unit do you use and who manufactures it?
>
>Can you forward contact details to me?
>
>Do you service the equipment or do you have a service agreement?
>
>How much did the machine cost?
>
>How much do you pay for service?
>
>How reliable or robust is the system/s you use?
>
>How long have you had it installed?
>
>Any other words of wisdom?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Kind Regards