Re: 3D packing in SLS

From: tjgorn01 (tjgorn01@starbase.spd.louisville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 16:04:27 EEST

One of our students has attacked this problem quite well for his Ph.D.
He solves the 3D packing problem for complex shapes utilizing genetic
algorithms. You can see his work on his web page at
http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~itikon01

Tim

Sungmin Hur wrote:

> Hi. Everybody.
> It's a pleasure for me to have a chance to ask you my problem
> for the first time here.
> To me, a problem is 3D packing algorithm in SLS.
> And my case is Sinterstation 2000 which means the feature of build
> cylinder is
> cylindrical and any complex parts can be packed.
> Problems must be how to define this problem simply,
> to detect an intersection correctly and deals with it.
> If anyone has any good idea, please let me know.
> Thanks.

Tim Gornet      Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET:   tjgorn01@starbase.spd.louisville.edu
SLUGNET:   Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292
PHONENET:  (502)852-0714  FAXNET: (502)852-8890