Reverse Engineering and rapid prototyping

From: John Wright (johnw@ra-ltd.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 13:15:00 EEST

Surely Rapid Prototyping and Reverse Engineering are linked - seeing as the
end result is a product delivered as soon as possible etc. etc. etc.

Problem is rapid prototyping is a downstream process, technology driven (in
a lot of cases but not all), whereas reverse engineering is an upstream
process generally labour/skill driven. The data capture may be technology
driven but is usually only a small part of the process.

Maybe we, sad but happy surface modellers do need our own list - however
seeing as we output to the rp world, the cross fertilisation of knowledge,
comments, experiences could be of use.

Best Regards

John Wright
Response Associates Ltd.