Packing in 3D

From: John Dickinson (dickijk@bille.ppc.engga.uwo.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 17:50:28 EEST

Hey there,

I can't believe nobody on this list has a packing challange for me? All I
need is a description of a packing volume and a number of stl parts to be
packed! I can even handle large stl files though I prefer them under a
megabyte or so each (doing this on a simple PC).

I will quite happily post the results in a VRML file on a web page.
Come-on, challange me, see if I can get all the parts into a small volume.
(Pure 3D close fitting puzzles would be a little too hard I think but I'll
happily try one anyway.)

John

--
-((Insert standard disclaimer here))-|----- Arthur Wellesley --------------
John Kenneth Dickinson               |      Duke of Wellington (1769-1852)