RE: big tool request.

From: Brad Fox (rdt@visi.com)
Date: Fri May 01 1998 - 22:08:17 EEST

Masuo:
Whether the part is large or small - each rapid tooling case is unique and
therefore may lend itself as impossible (practically) for anything other
than traditional tooling.

For example, you may be able to cast an injection capable tool for most of
the part (say the outside of the dash) but because of the inside detail, so
many inserts are required - you wind up being better off just tooling via
traditinal means. I'm sure you already know this but it bears repeating.

It's not to say you couldn't utilize RT. I've seen some very large and
intricate parts molded in tools from CEMCON. Have you checked them out?
Here's the web page (I think): http://www.cemcom.com/prod01.htm

Regards,

Brad Fox