Re: Research help-Rp color

From: Fruth (fruth@t-online.de)
Date: Sat May 02 1998 - 14:02:02 EEST

Brad Fox wrote:

> I'd like to know what all of you out there would like to see. Try to define
> what kind of colors are important - or even HOW IMPORTANT having color
> choices are. Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Brad Fox
> Rapid Design

Hello Brad,

that is exactly what I ask myself all the time.
Iīve no idea why anyone of our customers should need color parts.
There have been a lot of discussion about that in the list but I canīt
remember any reason where you need it. Just for "why not" nobody will
create a machine for, even if it is possible.
By the way: For funktional testing we use vacuum casting in 95% of all
cases, most time colored. The other 5 % are painted.

So it leeds me to the main topic:
-how much money can we get for colored RP-Parts ( no Euro)
-how much new customer will we get with colored RP ( no one)

If I add this components together we can spend nothing for a color
machine

The only thing I could see is a more component machine to produce more
component parts used for special applications e.g. burning out

Best regards

Charly Fruth
FIT GmbH, Germany