Volumes for CATIA stl's

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 02:14:46 EEST

Dear rp-ml:

Anybody know how to obtain volumetric data from a CATIA FEM or BLK element?
(These are what the Dassault converter produces using the STL function in
CATIA)
I am not too familiar with FEM in CATIA, I tried ANMESH and ANMANAGE but
was not able to get a volume by using these functions.

Also, is there any way to get the volume of supports in Maestro? I noticed
Maestro gives you the surface area but the volume field is 0000.00. Is
there perhaps an easy way to derive the volume from this surface area, say
by multiplying by the support thickness (.010 in.)?

Thanks,

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft
e-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net