Re: Rapid prototyping of Multi-layered PCB

From: Seiji Ito (ito@sdp.sel.sony.com)
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 02:13:09 EEST

Dear Ed Grenda

Thank you very much for the information about Printed Circuit Borads.

I tried to get more informaiton from both web pages and magazines, along your suggestion.
Unfortunately I could not get any effective information what I needed.
But I will try to search continuously. Then if I get the new information about this
area, I will forward it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Seiji Ito

In message "Re: Rapid prototyping of Multi-layered PCB",
EdGrenda wrote...

><< Subj: Rapid prototyping of Multi-layered PCB
> Date: 98-04-29 23:30:50 EDT
> From: ito@sdp.sel.sony.com (Seiji Ito)
> Sender: owner-rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
> To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
>
> Dear List,
>
> I'm considering what rapid prototyping technology is most efficient for
> multi-layered PCB rapid prototying.
>
> If someone knows good examples or researches, I would like to ask
> any informatins of you.
>

> I would greatly appreciate any informations, comments and suggestions.
>

> Thank you
>
> Best regards,
> Seiji Ito
> >>
>Dear Mr. Ito:
>
>To my knowledge, there has been only preliminary work done with the nominal RP
>methods to make PC boards and other similar electrical components.
>
>However, there are about a half dozen or more well-developed, specific
>technologies for rapid realization of both simple and multi-layer boards.
>Several of the technologies have been commercialized. One review article you
>might try to find is "Rapid Prototyping of Printed Circuit Boards", from
>Electronic Packaging and Production magazine, Feb. 1995, vol. 35, no. 2,
>pp58-60. I would suggest trying to contact the magazine directly since this
>journal doesn't appear in many academic libraries. I'm sure they have a web
>page someplace. (If you get a copy, please send me one! I've never found it
>anywhere locally.) There are probably articles on the subject published after
>this date which might be uncovered by a quick literature search. Industry
>directories will also be a great aid in locating these manufacturers.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Best regards,
>Ed Grenda
>AutoFab Systems, Inc.
>19 Pondview Road
>Arlington, MA 02174 USA
>781-646-6280 (voice or fax)
>EdGrenda@aol.com (email)

Seiji Ito TEL: 1-619-673-2439 FAX: 1-619-673-2755(#7/MZ7240)
                                                 FAX: 1-619-676-3815(#7/TVA)
                            E-mail : ito@sdp.sel.sony.com
Engineering Support Center
Sony Electronics Inc.

16450 West Bernardo Drive, Bldg.7 / MZ7240
San Diego, California 92127-1804, USA