RE: Volumes for stl's - ATTN: Bruce Okkema

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 07:02:26 EEST

Bruce:

Thanks for the response - if it was a CATIA generated .stl from a CATIA
solid or volume I'd have no trouble using the ANALYSIS function. But what
I've done is imported into CATIA the Maestro .stl support file to see if I
could analyze it and also to fix some stray triangles and perhaps create my
own supports using the Maestro generated support as a sort of "support
template." Using "Custom Draw Supports" in Maestro Vista can be tedious to
fix and improve supports and I was checking to see if I could do much in
CATIA with the file. We do have the CATIA FEM module at work but I don't
know if I can do anything in FEM with just the .stl and no other associated
geometry. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft