Re: Calculation of milling - toolpaths (on free-form-surfaces)

From: Justin R. Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Thu May 07 1998 - 16:55:10 EEST

I don't know if you will have access to this from Holland, but a former
colleague of mine wrote his master's thesis on this subject at the
University of Massachusetts, Amherst. The title was "Knowledge Based
Free-Form Surface Machining". I don't know where he is working now,
though, or else I would ask him to contact you. But if you can request it
from their library somehow, that should give you a head start. He wrote a
related proceedings paper for SPIE, titled "Homogenous Path Generator for
Automated Laser Burn Debridement", Volume 2911, 1996, but I don't know how
much he stuck to the milling aspect in that paper.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Justin

Justin Kidder, Research Asst. | Automation and Robotics Laboratory
jrkst34+@pitt.edu | University of Pittsburgh

               Home page: http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34
         There are two rules for ultimate success in life:
                1. Never tell everything you know.