Rotational Balance Aircraft models

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 07:41:03 EEST

Dear rp-ml:

Anybody out there (any friends at Boeing, Lockheed?) try using
stereolithography for rotational balance aircraft test models? Our main
concern with these models is weight - normally they're made out of a
fiberglas and carved balsa wood laminate structure and their weight is kept
under or around 12 lbs so the test data is not affected by the mass of the
test model itself. We want to try QuickCast but we're concerned about it
holding up during model assembly and test situations (it must have multiple
detachable sections) and humidity problems. Any suggestions? If the
QuickCast models don't work out at least we'll be able to easily make our
mold patterns from the SL models....

Thanks,

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft