RE: SLS Somos problem

From: Brent Stucker (stucker@egr.uri.edu)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 17:45:02 EEST

Drew

We have run Somos 201 parts with fairly good success. One thing we have not
yet tried, but I would do if I had that problem, would be to build a base for the
part. I would lightly sinter (for about 4 or 5 layers) the entire build cylinder. I
would imagine you used to do that (or maybe still do) if you ran polycarbonate
in the past. If you get your settings right, your base should pull away from the
part easily but should be durable enough to hold down the edge of the cylinder
at the beginning of the build.

I would be happy to discuss other ideas if you would like.

Brent

Dr. Brent Stucker
Assistant Professor
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5187
fax: (401)874-5540