Re: RP in aerospace

From: Floyd E Roberts (RnD@mlapts.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 02:46:33 EEST

As the founder of RP at NASA ( Floyd Roberts) I can assure you that your
assumption is at least partially correct, NASA has consistently been at
the forefront of materials and tolerance research in RP. While the concern
for these advances in the automotive sector is typically luke warm to
tepid. The automotive industry however has always led the charge for
faster and cheaper RP processes with the government enthusiasm for faster
more efficient processes being about what you would expect.....( hey
that's really realllly good coffee, what kind is that....).. I would
recommend that you research the areas of composites and infrastructure
more thoroughly regarding the statements about SLS and CALS I would
however note that the Cost advantages in Astronautic work are fairly
absurd.
Good luck ........ follow the money .........
Dr Floyd E Roberts III