Re: RP in aerospace

From: RoyJRATC (RoyJRATC@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 19:23:09 EEST

JT - In a message dated 98-05-14 18:11:26 EDT, you write:

<< I think that the object of RP in auto is not the
 production of final goods(componets). But I suppose, it is in
 aerospace. >>

In this assumption you are right. I've been using RP patterns (SLA, DTM &
others) since 1989 as patterns for investment castings used on a variety of
flight platforms. Many of these were full blown MIL applications w/xray &
penetrant required. Shellcast Foundries in Montreal, Canada
(http://www.shellcast.com/shellcast/index.html) was on of the 1st foundries to
offer this service on a commercial basis. As their customer base is primarily
MIL & aerospace - these were the 1st people we started doing this for.

Roy Sheppard Jr.
Atlantic Technical Components
269 Heather Lane
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417