RE: DuraForm GF/ProtoForm Composite

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed May 20 1998 - 19:44:58 EEST

We looked into glass filled Duraform for a tooling project. We found it
to be slightly more stable over time than plain Duraform, stiffer, and a
lot more brittle. We also conclude it to be superior in almost all
respects as compared to Composite Nylon whose strength and finish
degrade seriously with recycling. We decided to go with the plain
duraform mostly because of the brittle issue and excellent
build/accuracy characteristics but also because DTM had not yet fully
tested or marketed a glass filled Duraform at that time. Is it
available now?
Michael W Miller (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
The Boeing Company MS 17-PE B-XT62
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365