RE: Bacon Bottoms

From: Long Phan (lphan@or1.plynex.com)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 00:20:45 EEST

Bacon bottoms is associated with waviness (wrinkles) of bottom surfaces on SLA parts. Normally, it has to do with the bottom layers are being undercured, however, I have seen the same affect with too much overcured. Other factors that could contribute to bacon bottoms are too tight or wide of blade gap, web spacing on the support is too wide, not enough predip, and Zdip acceleration is too fast.

Long Phan
Plynetics Express Corporation - Beaverton, OR
Tel 503-531-2701
Direct 503-531-2707
Fax 503-629-6208
email: lphan@or1.plynex.com