Re: SGI Monitors

From: Rich Leyden (av680@lafn.org)
Date: Sun May 24 1998 - 00:27:28 EEST

The older SGI monitors are fixed frequency and require a special video
card. A number of 3rd party companies make PC PCI video cards for
workstation monitors. I ordered one for a very old Iris 4D monitor last
year for under $200.

You can find more information on SGI hardware through user discussion
groups such as;

http://murasakinoue.esi.yamanashi.ac.jp/~oota/O2/sgi-faq/hardware/24.html

Rich

Scott "Scooter" Sutterer wrote:

> Many of us using 3D System software are using SGI hardware. I am
> looking forward to the release of 3D Systems software for NT. Is it
> possible to use my SGI monitor on a PC? I noticed the plugs are
> different. Does anyone know of an adapter or graphics card that will
> allow me to continue the use of this large and expensive monitor.
> Thanks
> --
> ####### Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
> #####\_O Premier Design & Mfg. Co.