reply to Mark and list - Reply

From: Tim Hossfeld (thossfeld@mdc.com)
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 17:01:41 EEST

Elaine (and list)-

Your right, completely. Way to often, the spoiled wimps forget what this
country is all about. Elaine is allowed to saw, and think, whatever she
pleases. If you don't like it, don't listen. If you disagree with the
ideals of our fine country, feel free to leave. I won't get upset. And
Elaine, I admire you for speaking your mind.....

Tim

At 11:49 PM 5/25/98 -0500, "markschanze" <mark-s@inav.net> wrote:

>I would like to see a week of this mail list without hearing from Elaine
>Hunt.

I believe that we just celebrated the MOST important holiday here in the
US
and that was Memorial Day. While Mark probably did not fully appreciate
it's meaning I certainly did. We celebrated all the 1000s who have died
in
the defense of this great nation and for the freedoms we enjoy because
of
their great gift. One of those freedoms is that of FREE SPEECH (free to
all
even women).

I have slowly watched this list become a soured by a few who find pleasure
in making hurtful comments to people who make postings. Yesterday I was
teasing about Michael about his paper since these proceeding will continue
for many years to come and someone else will pick it up to use as a
reference and find no paper. How sad that they will not know how to
contact Michael or get a copy of that and other missing papers.

Mark's initial message really rocked my boat which was his intent. But
it
made me realize that to submit to such 'provoking and disturbing' messages
just comes down to being controlled by narrowminded individualism. I
refuse to play that game EVER again.

So in the true spirit of AMERICA.... If you do not wish to read a message
from me... go stuff it, or rather delete it, then get over it and get a
life.

Free at last,
Elaine
Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html