Re: Auto Resin Fill for SLA-5000/3500

From: Joe DeGuglielmo (jfdegug@kodak.com)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 13:38:38 EEST

Jim,
We had the same experience with our 350. Some of the resin bottles have a
thicker skin then others. The punch that is supplied with the machine is
inadequate to penetrate the plastic. Our solution was the same as yours, we
drill a small hole through the top.

harrjp@juno.com wrote:

> RPML,
>
> I notice that my auto resin fill is slow to fill the tank and sometimes
> stops.
> Has anyone else had this problem? I just discovered that the hole punch
> for the container does not go all the way through. I drilled out the
> hole
> with .125 dia. bit. Hopefully this will correct it. If not, any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Harrison
> 3Dimensional Engineering
> 954-972-9906
> harrjp@juno.com
> www.3de.net

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Best Regards,

Joe DeGuglielmo Eastman Kodak Company Rapid Prototyping Center 901 Elmgrove Rd. Rochester, NY 14653-5315 (716)-726-7046 Phone (716)-726-3220 FAX jfdegug@kodak.com