Re: A NEW STL FILE FORMAT

From: Kai Uwe Koch (kuk@IPA.FhG.de)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 18:48:58 EEST

On Thu, 28 May 1998, CIRTES wrote:

> We are looking for some information about a file format for Rapid
> Prototyping more efficient that the STL (without redundancy information
> which can contain topological information). Is there today a STL format
> evolution which is really used ? (VRML ?, RPI?, STEP ?)

Hello,

please contact Prof. Dr. Suzuki, University of Tokyo, email:
suzuki@cim.pe.u-tokyo.ac.jp
http://www.cim.pe.u-tokyo.ac.jp

He has visited the IPA last year and we are talking about RP-Software,
STEP for RP. He made a very interesting presentation about this.

Regards

Kai
Kai Uwe Koch E-Mail: kuk@ipa.fhg.de
                                        Internet: http://www.ipa.fhg.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut
Produktionstechnik und Automatisierung
Nobelstrasse 12
D-70569 Stuttgart Phone: +49 711 970 1856
Germany Fax: +49 711 970 1004