Re: Too many SBs

From: Terry Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 18:49:50 EEST

Drew Brown wrote:

> Quite on the contrary, our business has seen steady growth. We have been
> picking up additional machines at a rate of nearly (1) one every (9) nine
> months. Perhaps some of the larger SB's are loosing sight on what is
critical

Your SB is not the only one that has grown over the past 18 months. Others
have too, but as a whole, 1997 growth was down significantly, compared to
1996. Consider the total number of RP machines purchased by SBs last year,
compared to 1996 or 1995. The difference is dramatic. One reason is that
the market is changing, as Drew and Keith Nybakke pointed out.

> to survive and realizing that they can no longer live in the past. Our
industry
> is changing and it is critical to be nimble enough to adjust to those
changes.

Well put! This is a fast-changing industry and companies that do not
change with it will be left in the dust. RP machines, prices, and markets,
as well as RP service bureaus, will look a lot different in the future.

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
twohlers@compuserve.com